Good Tuesday Loves!
I’m all smiles sitting at our breakfast bar, because my dearest Queen Sister Nena of YOUnfolded nominated me for the Sisterhood of World Bloggers Award. Nena has a phenomenal spirit— one that radiated from South Florida all the way to Greater Baltimore, Maryland and captured my heart at first comment. I’m truly humbled, and flattered to have such a giving soul nominate me for such a powerful award. My goal is life spread love, uplift and empower humanity with my actions, words and deeds—I’m elated to have in my circle of Queens a spirit like Nena’s to keep me ever-so motivated to do more.
Thank You Nena ♥ Love You As Always
- Put the Award logo on your blog
- Thank the person who nominated you, link back to their site
- Answer 10 questions the person asked you
- Nominate 10 blogs and notify them
- Write 10 new questions for them
1) This year’s International Women’s Day theme is Pledge for Parity. What does that mean to you?
- To me pledging Parity means encouraging and helping my fellow Sisters around the globe achieve their wildest dreams: from entrepreneurship to equal representation in their respective societies.
2) What empowers you?
3) Name something you would like to be better at?
- Punctuality, bruh . . . I hate alarm clocks— personally I think I’m always on time for life.
4) Have you ever made the first move?
- No, not that I can ever recall—unless, those awkward “Hey buddy, I’m interested in getting to know your life” stares from across a crowded room count.
5) What is something you would like more people to know about you?
- I try to remember to stop and pray every day for constant spiritual guidance, help being a nicer and more seasoned Taurus, and the sanity of this downtrodden world.
6) Where do you go for some time for yourself?
- My mind! Not too far from the world, but far enough.
7) How do you give yourself some much needed pampering?
- Pampering? WTF is that? . . . Um if it’s anything like the pending pedicure Monic, Pearl and I have had planned for about 3 months now. . . Eh. One day.
8) Have you mastered the art of walking in heels?
- Yes, in high school—but Frostburg State University’s hills [no pun intended] ruined any and all mastery. Flat City here I stay! Well, I do rock a wedge or boot here and there.
9) Name a female blogger that inspires you
- O! this list is long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nevertheless, I have to say Yentl, aka Nena ↑↑↑. . . and no it’s not because She nominated me: I can be lazy, but that not that lazy, sheesh. I love Nena’s love for the world, Her life and Her King. I love Her dedication to her readers. Even if She does not post anything else during a given week I can be sure I’ll see a Pay It Forward or a Move It Monday post before week’s end. It’s one thing to be inspired, yet moved to nothing more than ‘awe’, but it’s an entirely different type of thing to be inspired to learn from and build with the stones a Sister like Nena may have never known she left.
10) A piece of advice for fellow women…
Empowerment like life comes in a vast array of forms and kinds. Women are Empowerment. Jahla
And My Nominated Sisters Are:
- Trina Otero ♥ w/ Akosmopolite
- Lady CAS ♥ w/ Myasthenia Gravis
- Deniza ♥ w/ AskDeniza
- Buki ♥ w/ It’s All Buki
- Tikeetha ♥ w/ A Thomas Point of View
- Dana Mugavero ♥ w/ tHe cONsTanT oPiNIon
- Kelley ♥ w/ Gray Suede
- Kajahie ♥ w/ SONGS FROM A WARRIOR
- Emma O. Negrete ♥ w/ SHUT THAT NEGATIVE NOISE OFF!
- Dzenifer ♥ w/ Who is Jenny G?
My Questions for My Queen Sisters:
- You have all the resources needed to change ONE thing in the world with a snap of your fingers —what are you changing for the better?
- What is the most attractive feature or trait a woman can possess [physical, mental, spiritual]?
- What is your next big self/life/career-improvement project?
- What dream location is at the top of your Next 5-year Bucket List and why?
- To be . . . or not to be . . .? [Pick one, and complete the phrase]
- Who are 3 woman/sisters in your life you could not made it to this point in life without?
- What is your favorite movie?
- You are an explorer of the sublime: what is your fancy?—outer space, the bottom of the sea, Mt. Everest?
- Three things you love about you and/or your life?
- Reflect on your life’s experiences and lessons . . . Then think of a young woman, or girl who is roughly 10 years younger than you. . . What is the most important lesson you have learned to date you would like to share with Her?
Queens & Kings alike, you all give me life.
Peace & Love,